Monday, August 27, 2007

What a weekend!

Good Morning! It is a beautiful Monday morning here in Indiana. After spending the weekend in the field cutting tobacco, in the barn hanging it and mowing the yard, I am ready for a day of sewing.

I have put the scrappy quilt aside for a little while. I need to get my coneflower wall quilt finished. So I have started quilting it. I will probably be putting it aside in the next day or so also though.

I am participating in a Round Robin in one of the Yahoo groups I belong to. I have a package of blocks coming to me to add to this week. I like to get swaps done as soon as they get here. So I always stop what I am working on for myself and get those done asap.

If you aren't familiar with a Round Robin, I will fill you in on the details.

Everyone that is participating makes starter blocks. Everyone sends their blocks on to another participant and they add more blocks. Once they add their blocks they send on to the next person. And so on. Here is a photo of my starter blocks.





I choose black, white and red for the colors in my quilt. Each person adds 2-6" blocks and 1-12"block. We don't sew them to the starter blocks. I will get to arrange all the blocks I receive into a design I like then sew them together. The block designs are courtesy of Janet Mednick and Deb Karasik. Janet and Deb are the Quilt Mavens and have a great book.

Check it out if you get the chance.

Well, I am off to the sewing machine! Have a great day!

No comments: