Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What would you give up?

Last April I quit my job after having worked all of my life. I guess I really needed a break from working full time. I miss it now but don't regret quitting that job. At that time I knew I would have to cut back a lot on my spending. So I sat down one day and looked at all the bills to see what we could live without. I knew I wouldn't be able to live without buying more fabric. So I cancelled the movie channels that the kids thought they had to have. Called the phone company and got a different package for the DSL, phone and long distance. I knew that wouldn't be enough though. Then it hit me! The Coke, Sprite and Dr. Pepper would have to go. That would be quite a savings! Now, I know that if you know me I don't drink those. The kids do by the cases!

What did I give up for fabric? Nothing yet! But the kids are not happy campers! LOL

No comments: