Friday, November 30, 2007

Fabric Addiction

I will tell you I have a fabric addiction! No, I don't want any help with it! lol
The job I have leaves a lot of time at work that my co-worker and I don't have a lot to do. So we take in our sewing, knitting, cross stitch or whatever to work on. Melanie was a cross stitcher until recently. I taught her how to do fusible web applique the other night. She is totally addicted! lol
It is so wonderful when you can teach someone a new craft and they instantly become addicted. The night after I taught her how, she brought in fabric, fusible web and started her daughter a Sunbonnet Sue quilt. How awesome is that! She has even asked her husband for a new sewing machine for Christmas! Yes, I feel that I have done my job! lol
I decided a couple of months ago I needed to cut back on my spending for my hobby. I did really good until last Friday. Yes, I fell off the wagon! I purchased a Janome Jem Platinum 760. I love it! I take it to work with me. It is so light weight and does everything my Viking Lily does. This was my Christmas gift for the year. I bought it at Sharynn's in North Vernon, IN. The ladies that work there are so wonderful (Sharynn, Sue and Rose). Sharynn's is my favorite quilt shop by far. Not because of their huge fabric inventory but because the ladies are so great! If you ever have a chance to stop in there, tell them Rhonda sent you!

2 comments:

julieQ said...

Yes, addiction is the word!! But a good one, we can make things for others and bless the world too.

julieQ

Sandy C. said...

And the best part of a fabric addiction is that is doesn't harm our bodies...just our wallets!