Sunday, February 10, 2008

Great Lunch!

Friday I got the opportunity to meet up with my dear friend Debi for a late lunch. Debi lives in Louisville which is about an hour away from me. We hadn't been able to find the time to get together in months. So, we hadn't even exchanged our Christmas gifts yet. So, Friday we met up at a Chinese restaurant and exchanged gifts. We had agreed this year to make the gift we give to each other. Debi made me a wonderful altered frame, notebook and card keeper with 6 handmade cards. All of the gifts were fabulous. As soon as I get the time, I will post a picture of the things she made. Lunch was great! We got to chat and catch up for a couple of hours, which is the best. Now that I am not working as much, hopefully we can get together more often. We have a great time when we get together. Despite the fact we have different crafting interests, we do get together to craft. Debi and her rubber stamps and me and my fabric! Check out her blog at Just Me And My Rubber Stamps.
I made Debi a quilt for Christmas. Nothing fancy! But I think she really liked it. I didn't have time to take a photo of it but I am sure she will post a picture on her blog soon.
Yesterday, Greg and I went to CPR/First Aid classes in Columbus. We both passed! Stopped at my mom's on the way back from the class. We had dinner with her and my step dad. My mom is a great cook! We had Roast, potatoes and carrots, salad, corn and some biscuits. For desert we had something different. We had a Caramel Flan. I had never had it before but it was good. Not something that I have to have like cheesecake though.
I have joined a couple of swaps in the Quilting In Indiana Yahoo group I belong to. One is a Giant Postage Stamp round robin. I am really looking forward to that. They are so easy and go so fast!

Thats it for now!
Rhonda

2 comments:

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Hi Rhonda,

I recently had one of those lunches, and girlfriends are soooo good for th soul! I'm in Illinois and I love to quilt also, Love your blog and pics!
Mary

Shelley Ann Jones said...

Rhonda,

You were my "big" winner on the OWOH giveaway. Here is the "Winner's
Post" - http://nahiacreations.com/blog/?p=333

Please email me at shelley.jones at nahiacreations.com with your mailing addess.