Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What I have been working on!

I started a new job 3 weeks ago that has kept me pretty busy lately. I like the new job so far especially the fact that I am off every weekend and all the holidays. Add to that the fact that I am now working a day shift job, what more could I ask for!

Between work, housework, etc. I have been working on a couple of things. The main one being a challenge quilt. A challenge for a retreat in September that I am not going to be able to go to. I will miss all my dear friends at the retreat this year. Maybe next year things will be better. Who knows!

The challenge for September was called Dots and Dashes. We are to make a quilt that is constructed of at least 50% of dotted and striped fabric. I still have the borders to add but will need to go to my LQS for something appropriate. Don't stare at it too long or you might go blind! lol It is rather bright! I like it and it will make a great Christmas gift in December.



Do you still have your eyesight? lol

You still have time to get over to Joanne's blog and leave her a comment on her stimulus package! Go now before it is too late!

Rhonda

6 comments:

Jacquie said...

Rhonda I really like the Challenge Quilt. You have such a good color eye even in the brights! Glad your job is working out. Can't beat those weekends and holidays off! Have a good week

Girltwin64 said...

OMG Rhonda I can;t believe you already have this done. I haven't even started mine! Yikes! Ellen

Brenda Kay said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. My daughter loves anything orange, and this combination is fabulous.

scraphappy said...

What a bright and happy quilt. The dots and stripes make it so much fun. I'm starting a new job too and transitions are never easy. It sounds like there will be lots of benefits though, once things settle down.

floribunda said...

wow -- great colors and bold graphics! It's going to make someone very happy (and wake them up, too!)

Jan Maree said...

WOW!!! I LOVE this quilt - love the colours and the brightness - just gorgeous!!!!!