Sunday, April 5, 2009

Joanne! Joanne! Joanne!

I do believe the title is appropriate for this post. lol
Yesterday, I got to spend a great day with my friend Joanne, another friend, Penny and my Mom. We did a little sewing but not much. lol We did make a trip to Sharynn's in North Vernon but I didn't buy a thing. I know, and No I wasn't sick! lol
Anyway, I seen that Joanne had posted to her blog this morning. Of course, she was telling about our day together. But why did she have to go and say, "You all should check out Rhonda's blog she has more talent in her little finger than I'll ever have in a bazillion years. Rhonda hope you've got some decent pics up on your blog so everyone can see how talented you really are!!"
Now that she went and did that, I guess I should post some photos. I guess I should have said, this is the reason she posted that comment.
I have been working on an embroidered quilt. Here is the link to a picture of the quilt.
http://www.infinityquilt.com.au/gal_CCQ.htm
The quilting is done as you go, so I am able to now show you 5 quilted blocks. I have 9 of the 12-17" blocks embroidered but only 5 quilted. There is a 34" medallion block in the middle which I haven't gotten finished yet.
Alright, so here we go! I have tried and tried to get the space out of between these photos but for some reason it just isn't happening. They looked good when I was writing the post but as soon as I published it, whammy!
















































































Ok, that is all the photos for now. The best way to view these are to click on them so you can actually see the quilting design in them. I will post more blocks as I finish them.

Now that I have all that posted. Be sure to check back tomorrow for the details on a giveaway I will be doing. Hope to see you then!

Hope you had a great weekend! And don't forget to go over to Joanne's blog and check out what great things she is doing!

Rhonda

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Those are great blocks and very interesting in design and quilting. I will be watching to see how this one comes together.

Joanne Lendaro said...

The pictures do not do these blocks justice! This quilt will be absolutely beautiful once it's finished. Love ya!

FrancisMoore said...

Beautiful! Francis Moore