Monday, January 11, 2010

Third time is a charm!

Some friends and I decided we wanted to do a Block of the Month together this year. So when Block Central posted their BOM for this year we knew what we wanted to do.

I got all my fabric ready and was able to use from my stash and not have to purchase more fabric. So I was ready when the instructions were posted for the first block. But things didn't come together so well. The block ended up being too dark! I am sure you will agree with me!


So I switched some of the fabrics around and did another block just knowing that it would turn out to my liking. Didn't happen!


By now you are probably thinking this woman is crazy! I am! So I thought about the dilemma for a while and decided it was now time to bring out the heavy artillery! Yes, I did it! I got on my computer and downloaded photos of the fabric I had chosen to my computer. Then I put them in my EQ6 program, drew up the block in Easy Draw and proceeded to color away with my fabric choices. I should have done that 2 blocks ago. So finally, here is my choice for the 1st block of the BOM. I guess, the third time is a charm!


Hope you are having a great day!

Rhonda

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think all three of the blocks turned out great. You should keep the extras, you could always piece them onto the back!

I will admit, I downloaded all the fabrics that I picked up for the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler into EQ so that I can play with the layout before I cut it out. I played with that while I was trying to decide if I wanted to continue with the Y seams or not.

Unknown said...

I like all three but I do like the third one best.....

Teresa said...

I have got to learn how to download my fabrics into EQ6. I like all the blocks.