Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of School

Today is Jill's first day back in school. It is hard to believe that she is a junior in High School this year. She doesn't cry anymore on the first day of school like she did in elementary school. The first day of school then were really hard on us both. She loves school and looks forward to it every year.
We went to register last week and get her schedule for this year. They had mistakenly put her in a class called Home/Interior Design. I knew as soon as I seen that we would be in the counselors office changing that. That is definitely not a class she would sign up for. We found out they had put her in that class because none of her choices were available. They could have at least looked at her previous classes and realized that they would have to change that. You don't go from Pre-Calculus, Physics, etc. to Home/Interior Design. She ended up taking German I &2 instead. I hope she can handle that as she is already taking French 3 & 4 this year. She had really wanted to take Entymology. She is definitely heading toward College. Enough of that subject though.

I did get a little sewing done yesterday. I worked some more on the paper pieced sections of the scrappy quilt I am doing. Jill started 3 more paper pieced blocks to go with the one she did Saturday. I have the whole day to myself so I am sure I can get some sewing done. Maybe I can get the yard mowed also.

Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments: