Monday, August 20, 2007

New Adventure in Quilting

Saturday, my mom had a small sewing day at her house about 40 minutes from me. I invited a few of my friends also. My daughter, Jill (3 weeks from being 17 years old), decided she would go also. Jill has never pieced a quilt block in all her life so I figured her day of sewing wouldn't last long. I took the time to teach her how to paper piece. She started with a simple block that I printed from one of my Carol Doak CD's. I was very surprised at how great she did but it didn't last long. About 2 hours after we started, she decided to call a friend and go to their house for the rest of the day. I figured that was the last of her piecing. I was wrong!
Sunday afternoon Jill joined me in my sewing room to finish her block. How kewl is that? She finished the four sections of her paper pieced block but has to sew them together yet.
I was getting ready to do a fusible web applique block from Pat Sloan's website. Two actually, July and August blocks for the Farmer's Market quilt. Jill decided she wanted to do one also. So we both did the Jammy Jars block together. I really like the way they came out. Jill's turned out great and I am so proud of her. I don't know if she will do another one or not. lol

No comments: