Friday, June 6, 2008

It has been a while!

Almost a month since I last posted! Where has the time gone?

I have had so much going on. Where do I start?

My Mom and I had been working on a quilt for my sister, Dawn. We finally got it sent off to the quilter on Monday. I think it turned out really well. I would post a picture but I don't want her to see it. She has to wait until it is delivered in a few weeks.

My DH and I finished the process of becoming a foster home. We are now licensed and ready for some little ones. We did this to try and adopt 2 little boys we have known since their birth. But things did not work out and the boys will be going to a family in Ohio. We just hope they will be happy with their new family. One day, I hope they contact us. We miss them so much.

I quit my job last week. Now I have plenty of time to spend in my sewing room. I want to start a new project but have decided I need to finish some of those I already have started. Most of them just need quilted.

Our quilting group is having a sewing day here in Deputy on the 14th. I know we all will have a great time. It is so much fun when we get together. I always look forward to meeting new members and getting together with everyone.

Today is the last day of school for my daughter. I know she is ready to have some fun this summer.

We are going to try and get our pool opened up this evening. It has been really warm this last week. We went from 60 degreee weather to 90 degree weather overnight.

I will leave you with a picture. It is a quilt design using the Disappearing Nine Patch.



Hope you are enjoying your summer day!

No comments: