Friday, June 13, 2008

June 13th

I finally got the binding put on the quilt my Mom and I made for my sister. Tomorrow it will be going home with Mom. Sunday it will make its way to North Carolina. I plan to post a photo on Monday. By then she will have seen it. It was a large project and we are glad it is done.

Tomorrow is one of our sewing days here in Deputy. Some of the members of our Quilting In Indiana group will be getting together to just sew. Some I have met but some I haven't and am looking forward to meeting them. We always have a great time. I think we get more eating and chatting done more than anything. I think this is going to be our largest group since we started doing this. My daughter is even decided to go also. She wants to makes some wallets from the Wonder Wallet pattern by Lazy Girl Designs. She made one Wednesday along with a purse. She did really good.

For the last few months I have been working on a quilt called Lonestar Cabin. I started it back in March but have had to put it aside several times for other things. The pattern is from the magazine Quilts With Style. There are 32 diamonds in the quilt. Each diamond consists of 9 log cabin diamonds. Here is a photo of one of the 32 diamonds.








Hope you are having a great day!




Rhonda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty diamond for a lone star. I'll be interested in seeing the top when it's finished.